15 fun facts about music that may surprise you
School's back in session and to avoid the dunce's cap here are 15 fun facts for any brainy musician.
- Mozart sold more CDs in 2016 than Beyoncé did.
- Pianos can have upwards of 12,000 individual parts.
- It takes on average 2.29 seconds for listeners to recognize Wannabe by the Spice Girls.
- None of The Beatles could read music.
- Eminem wrote and recorded The Real Slim Shady three hours before his album was due.
- The song Jingle Bells was originally written... for Thanksgiving.
- Leo Fender, inventor of the Telecaster and Stratocaster, could not play guitar.
- Elvis Presley didn't write any of his songs.
- Flowers can grow faster by listening to music.
- The beginning five seconds of The Beatles I Feel Fine contains nothing but feedback from a guitar John Lennon left leaning up against his amp.
- Drums are one of the oldest instruments and their form has barely changed since their origins.
- Considered one of the greatest rock songs of all time, Stairway to Heaven, bored the audience when first performaned by Led Zeppelin in 1971.
- Your heartbeat follows the rhythm of the music you are listening to.
- The harmonica is the world's best selling instrument.
- The very first Woodstock in 1969 (featuring artists like Jimi Hendrix, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, The Who and many more big name acts) cost a mere $24 at the gate.
Published on: 09/04/2017
Winter is coming! In order to prepare our body to confront the chilly months comes a tendency to stock our medicine...
When talent and consideration are unevenly dispersed in a musical group, it can often lead to injustice and frustration....
You've heard the expression "sing your heart out." Putting aside the accepted interpretation of giving your all when you...